Medical Equipment Servicing & Repairs
When it comes to the medical industry, there is nothing more important when it comes to your equipment than ensuring that it is working to its maximum capacity. That is why we offer comprehensive medical equipment servicing and repair packages here at NES Group Medical. If you should find that some of your equipment is faulty or even if it is just in need of an annual check-up to ensure it's still doing its job correctly, we are here to take over the process for you and allow you to get back to the important job of treating your patients.
The Importance Of Medical Equipment Servicing
To carry out the service, we will visit your place of business and carry out our checks as an independent party on your equipment. Hopefully, we would find nothing wrong and would be able to sign off on them being used for another year. If, however, we do find something wrong, then the procedure of action would be dependent on the severity of the fault. If it is minor, then we may be able to fix it on site with our own equipment, which may involve replacing small parts or something similar. If the fault is more severe, we may recommend completely replacing the equipment altogether or a longer repair procedure, all of which would be discussed in the event of a fault.
What Does Our Medical Equipment Repair Include?
Medical equipment is often the backbone of many medical practices, so the obvious benefit to having working equipment is that your practice would stay open for business and you wouldn’t suffer in reputation or finances. However, there are many more benefits to having working equipment that you may not consider straight away.
Medical Equipment Services Are Important
- Providing the best patient care. Patient care should be the number one priority of any medical practice, in the same way that any other business would value their customers and customer service above all else. With the medical industry being a rapidly changing industry in which new breakthroughs are being made every day, patients are expecting to only be treated with the best equipment on the market so that they know they are getting the best value for money.
- Thinking about competition. Unfortunately, the medical industry, just like any other industry, is a minefield for business competition. The practice next door to you will be trying to bring in the patients that you treat, just as you may be doing the same thing to them. Therefore, having equipment that is always working and is as up to date as possible could help you stand above the rest for your patients. In the same way that a customer wouldn’t return to a supermarket that didn’t have the latest product on their shelves, your customers may not return to you if you are using outdated and faulty equipment to treat them with.
- Being efficient. The medical industry thrives on efficiency, as is the case with any other business. The quicker a patient can be treated, and a new patient can be brought in, the more efficient the business is. Having working equipment is paramount to this, as being delayed by faulty equipment or even having to turn away a patient because a piece of equipment that is needed for their treatment is broken could have a significant negative impact on the business.
If you are interested in arranging medical equipment services with us, give us a call or email us today.
NES Group Medical provides healthcare facilities with the best technical solutions & products available. We sell autoclaves, operating theatre lights & other medical equipment. Browse our website further for more information or contact us to learn more.Read Less
Why NES Group?
NES Group is committed to helping practices protect and improve their practices by minimising the risks associated to medical equipment and by assisting practices in reaching and maintaining compliance in relation to their medical equipment.
– We are committed to serving our customers at the highest level
– We understand the importance of your medical equipment for the day to day running of your practice
– Our company is systems driven and quality focused with a wealth of specialised knowledge
– We are able to calibrate, service and repair medical equipment to Australian Standards 3551 & RACGP Standards
– We can provide loan equipment to assist in minimising downtime if required
– We undertake calibrations and services on the customers premises as well as repairs onsite where possible
– We service all states including rural and remote areas cost effectively
– We have a 98% customer retention rate, we go over and beyond our customers expectations and provide long term value and support If you haven’t experienced our service in the past we welcome you and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Call our team on 1300 651 958
Commonly Asked Questions About Medical Equipment Calibration, Service & Repairs
How often should we test and calibrate our equipment?
Medical equipment testing and calibration is a crucial task which is required by Australian Standards to be carried out regularly and in line with an equipment maintenance plan as well as to the manufacturers specified calibration intervals. We recommend testing annually to ensure compliance with AS3551, RACGP and AGPAL requirements.
Routine testing and calibration ensures that your medical devices are performing correctly and delivering peace of mind for patients and providers while maintaining practice accreditations. NES Group Medical qualified technicians are trained and have the required equipment to thoroughly inspect and test all medical equipment/devices in accordance with AS 3551 and specific state/territory legislative requirements in a convenient and cost effective way.
Is it expensive and are there lock in contracts?
Our aim is to make meeting your annual calibration requirements easy and affordable. We have invested heavily in the training of our staff and in the latest and most efficient test equipment to dramatically reduce the labour time required to complete your testing, by doing this we are able to reduce the costs associated to properly maintaining your equipment making it very affordable to stay compliant for even the smallest of practices.
Our customers get the options of-
No Lock In Contract Annual Service
Testing under this arrangement is done on a year by year basis with not lock in contract, we contact you the following year when you are due.
3 Year NEScare Service Agreement
Most of our larger healthcare groups take advantage of group procurement service agreements, we can combine all of your practices as a group for a 3 year term benefits of this are:
– Programmed service intervals based on your requirements making maintenance of your equipment easy
– Access to our online portal
– Access to discounted NEScare rates
– Lock in todays discounted prices for the next 3 years
– Group Procurement Discounts
– Free access to loan equipment
– Same day priority service for most areas
What happens if one or more pieces of equipment fail?
If we find equipment that is out of calibration or requires attention we will either fix it on the spot if the fault is minor, usually at no charge if parts are not required. If parts are required we can provide you with a obligation free quote for repair or replacement depending upon the cost to repair and the age of the piece of equipment. We can supply loan equipment to our testing customers to ensure that there is no disruption to your practice and no issues with compliance as part of our testing and calibration service.
Is this the same as general electrical testing and tagging?
No. Medical equipment testing is a specialised service and has different standards to basic electrical testing and tagging and needs to be function tested with specialised biomedical testing equipment to simulate and calibrate the specific piece of medical equipment. Testing of medical equipment cannot be carried out by general electrical testing and tagging companies or general electricians as this is a specialised service that requires knowledge of medical equipment and its application.
Can NES Group also test regular electrical appliances?
Yes. NES Group can also test and tag regular electrical equipment in accordance with AS 3760 in the same visit to minimise disruption to your practice and managing of multiple testing companies and testing registers at surprisingly affordable rates even though our technicians are specialised, we offer this service at the same rate as most electricians and test and tag companies to make life easier for our customers.
What kind of medical facilities can NES Group service and in what locations?
NES Group Medical provides routine Medical Equipment Testing and Preventative Maintenance services to a wide range of customers from large hospitals, day procedure clinics, medical centres to smaller medical practices and dentists.
NES Group Medical have a number of technicians responsible for medical equipment servicing in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane & Melbourne on an ongoing basis.
NES Group have established travel routes to many rural and remote facilities and have the ability to offer our services in a cost effective manner by sharing travel costs across a number of practices. States we service are NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT, NT
We have established travel routes to service rural and remote facilities as well as fly in fly out arrangements with remote mine sites, please contact our team to find out when we are in your area next.
What kind of equipment does NES Group test?
– All Types Of Medical Equipment and Surgical Devices AS-3551
– Autoclave Validation AS-4815 & AS-4187
– Patient Area Testing Body and Cardiac AS 3003
– General Electrical Appliances AS-3670
– ECG Machines
– Vital Signs Monitors
– Blood Pressure Monitors
– Blood and Vaccine Fridges
– Scales and Body Composition Analysers
– Pulse Oximeters
– Digital Thermometers
– Portable Suction Units
– Doppler Ultrasounds
– Nebulisers – Defibrillators
– Electrosurgical Units / Hyfrecators
– Examination Lights
– Light sources
– Operating Theatre Lights
– Medical Gas Pendants
– Medical Gas Systems
– Operating Tables and Beds
– And most other types of medical equipment
Will we be contacted before we are next due?
When you use our services you don’t have to remember when your medical equipment/devices are next due for their test and calibration, our automated database keeps track of all the equipment, part numbers and test results and test due dates. Our friendly staff will contact you and schedule your next testing and calibration visit before your equipment is due.
Benefits of using NES Group for your testing and maintenance are –
– Extensive medical equipment knowledge
– Free loan equipment to minimise any disruption
– Up to date with all current Standards and requirements
– We ensure your testing is up to date and follow up before it is due
– 24/7 Phone and Onsite technical support
– Cost savings in downtime and breakdowns
– After hours servicing available to suit your schedule
– Cost effective packages designed to save you time and money
– Hassle free compliance
We can create a easily implemented and customised package to suit your medical equipment testing and calibration requirements.
Call Nes Group on 1300651958 today for more information and to speak with one of our friendly staff or